A fire in a Horsham town centre bar has forced it to temporarily close.
An electrical fire broke out at the Dead Parrot in Piries Place with smoke damage closing the popular Horsham venue.
Andy Harrod, owner of the bar, was alerted to the fire at 4.25am on Thursday November 15.
A notice on the door read: “Due to an impromptu and totally unintended BBQ, we will be temporarily closed.
“We’ll [be] back open ASAP. Like a phoenix rising from the flames.”
Andy bravely tackled the electrical blaze himself.
Andy added: “I can confirm there was a small electrical fire at around 3am Thursday.
“It may take longer than I had originally planned before we get open again.”
Although its permanent premises is temporarily closed all is not lost for the popular cocktail bar.
Andy told how this winter the bar will be going mobile, warming visitors with delicious treats as they do their Christmas shopping.
He said: “[We will be] running a hot cocktail and dessert bar in Horsham Carfax during the late night shopping evenings as well as the Saturday and Sunday afternoons.”