Youth football round-up: Jake bags all four in Horsham U18 win

editorial image

Horsham Under-18 striker Jake Legrange struck four times in the second half as the young Hornets came from behind to defeat Eastbourne Borough in the Ryman Youth League.

In a close fought first half, Borough scored the only goal after a mix-up in the Horsham defence.

However, the Hornets were level shortly after the interval when Jake Waller’s free-kick found Legrange, who netted from close range.

Horsham went in front on the hour mark when the impressive Legrange finished calmly past the keeper.

The hat-trick was completed a few minutes later when the forward nodded in at the back post.

Route one was the answer as the hosts added a fourth goal; Legrange beating the Borough centre backs to a long kick up field before scoring confidently off the inside of the post.

Roffey Robins Under-13s narrowly took the spoils from old foes Chesworth Rovers.

Robins went into the break with a narrow 1-0 advantage; a flowing move in the seventh minute was finished off by Bradley Ross’ tap in from close range.

After the break, Rovers turned the game on its head, as firstly, Ewan Rennison executed a perfect 25-yard lob, before Jack Frankland swept Chesworth into a 2-1 lead.

Roffey responded brilliantly and James Pearse levelled the score soon after.

With the game in the balance, it was either going to be a piece of brilliance or a mistake that would win the game. Unfortunately for Chesworth, it was the latter.

Their luck was out, as, trying to clear the ball, it cannoned off a defender and into the net as Roffey picked up the points in a pulsating game.

And on Wednesday Roffey continued their winning start to the season with a massive 12-1 win over Heron Olympic.

Heron packed their defence to try and stop Roffey and Heron took the lead against the run of play.

Roffey then changed formation and levelled soon after with a great left-footed strike from Luke Hedges, and goals from Bradley Ross and Reece Church made it 3-1 at half time.

Robins made three changes at the break and ran riot in the second half with Max Furber scoring four and further goals from Ralph Robson, Joe Gant, Morgan Spooner (two) and Tom Colbran.

Horsham Sparrows Girls Under-13s progressed into the next round of the cup after a superb win against Hawks Youth.

Sparrows were 5-0 up at half time, making light work of the Hawks’ threat. Ruby Edwards, a Megan Collins brace, Ava Hutson and Imogen Sawyer putting their team in control.

In the second half, Hawks came out strongly and quickly reduced the arrears, scoring twice.

However, Sparrows upped their game and added three more goals to their tally through a Charley Simpson double and Alice Toft to complete an easy victory.

Partridge Green U12s were in the goals as they comfortably beat Maidenbower.

Green’s Oliver Young coolly slotted home an early penalty before Matthew Sanders and then Luke Hill put Green three up.

Young bagged another before Green captain Cameron James-Gibson completed the scoring with a great strike from long range to make it 5-0.