Youth football round-up - Hat-tricks for East and Kerr put Horsham Yth in seventh heaven and Royal Utd end unbeaten

Under-18 - SOUTHWATER Under-18s powered to an emphatic 3–0 away win against Highdown Saints.

After a positive start, Southwater were awarded a free kick when Nick Robins was fouled following a surging run forward, and Jack Morgan rifled the resulting ball into the top corner.

Although Southwater went close through Dan Rose and Jack Carter, the game remained 1–0 at the break, despite Southwater keeper Ryan Grimes being a virtual spectator.

The second half continued in the same vein until Will Nash’s long-range shot nested into the bottom corner of the net. Although Highdown tried to push forward, central defenders Josh Skipper and Cameron Masters snuffed out any threat and allowed Southwater to continue to dominate.

Fabio Sarlo’s persistence led to a penalty when he was brought down from behind, which he duly converted to make the final score 3–0. Will Nash being man of the match.


ROYAL United’s victory on Saturday against Roffey Robins Wanderers saw them remain unbeaten in the league all season.

Royals dominated the game from the kick-off and ensured all the squad were given a game and went in at half time 2-0 to the good through goals by Stanley Rice and Alex Parsons.

The second half saw a cracking individual goal from Luke Polie, before Alex Parsons capped a great display with his second and Royal’s fourth.

Roffey got a consolation near the end before Royals got the champagne out and celebrated another fantastic season. There were impressive performances by the ever reliable Greg Gander and Anthony Jupp with Parsons and Connor Cushing running the game from central midfield, but man of the match went to Jacob Waller for a great, strong performance at right wing.

Manager Richard Chaplin said: “The squad have again been absolutely outstanding all season and made Dave Waller, myself and their parents so proud. Although we still have the cup final to contest against Dorking Saints, you’ll see the names of these lads playing for years to come at a very good level of football.”

Royals: Chaplin, Wood, Garman, Jupp, Gander, Cushing, Parsons, Rice, Waller, Killner-Brown, Love, Polie, McHale, Legrange.

FOLLOWING a triumphant cup final last Sunday, Horsham turned their attentions back to the league and boosted their chase for that potential double with a 2-0 win over Seddlescombe Rangers.

Greg Gander forced a fantastic save from the Seddlescombe keeper in a scoreless first-half.

Horsham resisted some pressure at the start of the second half, and Stanley Rice with some deft touches and George Hole with his darting runs down the left delighted the home fans. Rice got his reward when he volleyed home a fantastic opener and Ben Collier then stunned Rangers with a sublime second that swerved inside the left upright, as Horsham continued their quest for the league title.

Horsham: Blaney, Jupp, Legrange, Cushing, Collier, Gander, Comber, Waller, Clarke, Hole, Garman.


HAT-TRICKS from both Oliver East and Will Kerr helped Horsham Youth give Highdown Saints a hiding.

Andrew Roberts opened the scoring to put Horsham ahead with a clever flick, and it was 3-0 with just 15 minutes gone when East and Kerr bagged their first goals of the afternoon.

The young Hornets finished off the half as they had started with man of the match East netting two more to complete a first-half treble to put his side 5-0 up at half-time. Kerr headed in a sixth from a Callum Nash corner and just two minutes later he too completed his hat-trick when he lashed a shot into the top corner as Horsham ended convincing 7-0 winners.

LOWER Beeding Lions finished their season on a high with a 6-4 victory over Cranleigh.

In a close encounter Lions took an early two-goal lead thanks to two goals from Callum Nash. Cranleigh fought hard and deservedly brought the score level by half time. The second saw Lions again take another two goal lead through Liam Ruz and Callum Nash, only for Cranleigh once again come back to 4-4.

Lions finally broke clear with 15 minutes to go when Liam Ruz and Andrew Roberts secured the points. Lions man of the match was Adam Ruz.


THERE was no real sting in the Hornets tails, though they did enough to see off Seaford Wasps 1-0.

Horsham took an early lead when Liam Clarke, with his back to goal, turned and curled an effort into the net. Tom Summerfield and Louis Lewis impressed in defence as Horsham kept Seaford at bay, and though not being at their best the win saw the young Hornets close the gap on Spartan FC at the top to just one point with two games in hand.

Team: Belton, Bigg, Carter, Clarke, Cusdin, Davis, Kerr, Lewis, Matthews, Reeves, Summerfield. Subs: Bristow, Simpkin.


HORSHAM Sparrows girls team grabbed a well-deserved victory with three late goals away to Crawley Wasps on Sunday.

The whole team impressed with hard work and some great passing. They finally broke the deadlock in the last five minutes when Ellie Henderson scored a brace including a header.


PARTRIDGE Green and Upper Beeding contested two fantastic games of football, with both teams battling away to take the lead.

The goals for the Green came from Robert Sanders, Luke Page, Sam Arnold and Jimmy Mcleod. The Green’s player of the match for game one was Jimmy Mcleod and in game two Luke Page picked up the trophy.