Two people were treated for smoke inhalation and taken to hospital following a fire at a house in West Grinstead yesterday evening (Friday, May 13).
The blaze in Steyning Road started in a bedroom at around 5.35pm.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the first-floor bedroom was completely damaged by smoke as a result of the fire.
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hosereel and a spokesman for the fire service said the cause is believed to have been accidental.
Steyning Road eastbound was closed to traffic between the A24 Worthing Road and Park Lane for at least an hour due to the fire.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk
2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes
3 Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The County Times – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.