Two fires in South Downs villages

editorial image

Firefighters were called to South Downs villages twice yesterday (Wednesday March 6).

The first call was at a house in Rectory Lane, Pulborough, at 9.20am.

They were called to a small fire involving cooking which was out on arrival.

There was some smoke in the house which was ventilated naturally.

Later, at around 1.40pm, the emergency service was called to a home in Storrington for a chimney fire.

The incident was at a house in Meadowside.

Specialist chimney equipment was used and advice given to the occupier.