Council speaks out following Southwater schoolbus crash
West Sussex County Council is awaiting an investigation to be completed by the police following a crash involving one of its school buses and two cars in Southwater last week.
Emergency services were called to the three-vehicle collision along Cedar Drive at about 4pm on Wednesday (November 14).
Following the collision calls were made on social media by residents to improve the safety of the road with complaints made about vehicles parking along the stretch.
In response to the concerns a spokesman for the county council said: “Our first concern is for the welfare of all those involved in the collision.
“It would not be right for us to speculate about what happened and the cause and we await further information from the police.”
One eyewitness said there were around 20 youngsters on the bus from the Weald and Tanbridge House School and many were ‘crying as they got off the vehicle’.
They added: “It was a shocking experience.”
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said a bus driver and the driver of one of the cars suffered minor injuries but the others involved were not hurt.
For more see our previous story: Emergency services called to Southwater schoolbus crash