Having served as Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) since 2012, I have the experience and proven track record to continue making a difference to policing.
I have held the police to account on behalf of residents, supported victims of crime and made considerable savings to reinvest in frontline policing
SOME ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
- Opened recruitment for 100 new Police Constables, more PCSOs and issued cameras to all frontline officers
- Established award-winning Youth Commission, nationally recognised for outstanding public engagement
- Encouraged creation of dedicated business/cybercrime strategy for Sussex
- Funding support for victims of abuse, serious sexual offences, child exploitation
- Established UK’s first Elders Commission - giving older people a voice on policing
MY PLAN TO CONTINUE
If re-elected I will continue to:
- Deliver effective neighbourhood policing to our rural communities, towns and city
- Support victims of crime, especially our elderly and young
- Cut crime, catch criminals and reduce reoffending
- Protect our most vulnerable against all forms of abuse
- Improve access to justice for local people and put victims at the heart of the criminal justice system
- Invest in frontline policing and further improve the performance and efficiency of Sussex Police.