Steyning shed fire caused by tumble dryer
A shed fire in Steyning today was caused by a faulty tumble dryer, the fire service believes.
Firefighters were called to reports that a garden shed was on fire at a property in Kingsbarn Lane at 4.30pm today, Sunday, December 6.
Two appliances were sent to tackle the fire, which has now been extinguished.
A West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said: “We understand it happened when a tumble dryer in the outside shed caught fire.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk
2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes
3 Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The County Times – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.