Emergency services were called to a ‘severe’ chimney fire at a home in Wiston yesterday (Monday 2).
Firefighters attended the incident in Water Lane at around 3.15pm.
A spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was ‘severe’ and an aerial ladder platform was used to help tackle the blaze.
Chimney equipment and a hose reel were also used by crews to put out the flames.
Firefighters were also called to a separate chimney fire at a home in West Chiltington yesterday evening.
The incident, in East Street, was reported at around 8.15pm and chimney equipment was used by crews to tackle the blaze.
No one was believed to have been injured in either incident.