Twenty-one locations in the Horsham district, including five in Billingshurst, are among the roads scheduled to be treated next week.
West Sussex County Council is undergoing its annual series of surface dressing schemes.
The work is part of a £4 million road maintenance programme.
Surface dressing involves spraying a coating of bitumen on the road, followed by one or more layers of hard stone chippings.
The work complements Operation Watershed, the County Council’s £8.25million initiative to make communities more resilient to extreme weather.
Surface dressing will take place between Monday, May 13 and Sunday, May 19, subject to weather conditions, in the following locations:
• A272 between Glasshouse Lane and Wakestone Lane, Petworth;
• A272 between Croucham Lane and Linfold Road, Strood Green;
• Lordings Road, between A29 Adversane and A272 Newbridge Road, Billingshurst;
• Marringdean Road, between Adversane Lane and Natts Lane, Billingshurst;
• High Street, between Coombe Hill and A29 Billingshurst bypass, Billingshurst;
• Wooddale Lane, Billingshurst;
• Brookers Road (adopted section), Billingshurst;
• Brooks Green Road/Coolham Road, between A272 crossroads and Emms Lane, Shipley;
• Newpound, between Durbans Road and A272 Billingshurst Road, Wisborough Green;
• Plaistow Road, between Foxbridge Lane and Vicarage Hill, Loxwood;
• Cooks Hill, Rudgwick;
• A281 Guildford Road, between Loxwood Road and Church Street, Rudgwick;
• A281 Guildford Road, between Romans Gate roundabout and Clemsfold roundabout, Slinfold;
• Lyons Road, between Hayes Lane and A264, Slinfold;
• Northlands Road, between A29 Bognor Road and Mayes Lane, Warnham;
• Broadbridge Heath Road, between Billingshurst Road and Friday Street, Warnham;
• Guildford Road, between Rookwood Park and Rushmans Road, Horsham;
• Christs Hospital, between Kind Edward Road and Tower Hill, Horsham;
• Cripplegate Lane, between Worthing Road and Cedar Drive, Southwater;
• Coolham Road, between Pondtail Farm and Buck Barn, Shipley;
• Steyning Road, between Needs Bridge and Jolesfield Cottages, West Grinstead and Partridge Green; and
• Cowfold Road, between Bolney roundabout and Foxhole Lane, Bolney;
• Spronketts Lane, between Long House Lane and Cuckfield Lane, Slaugham.