WORK WILL begin today (Monday February 6) to install new safety barriers on the A24 between the Findon and Washington roundabouts.
West Sussex County Council’s highways contractor Balfour Beatty will carry out the essential works on the north and southbound carriageways.
This £75,000 scheme will include the renewal of all safety barriers, both on the carriageway edge and the central reservation.
This work will last approximately six weeks and will require some lane closures as follows:
- Lane 1 (nearside) closures north and southbound for approximately one week.
- Lane 2 closures north and southbound for approximately five weeks.
As well as the new safety barriers, the following improvements will also be carried out at the same time:
- Road marking renewal.
- Comprehensive vegetation clearance.
- Inspecting and cleaning all drainage runs.
- Road signs and posts maintenance and renewal as required.