Horsham district streets repaired by county council in ‘Better Roads’ project
A number of streets in the Horsham district were repaired as part of the county council’s £30m Better Roads project in June.
The West Sussex County Council initiative, to repairing rural and residential roads in the county damaged by extreme weather, has so far seen 251,862 square metres of road surface repaired, the equivalent of about eight Silverstone F1 race circuits.
John O’Brien, WSCC’s acting cabinet member for highways and transport, said: “It is encouraging to see how well the ‘Better Roads Programme’ is being received by residents across the county.
“People are acknowledging the disruption these works cause is a consequence of the improvements being made to our road network.
“We thank everyone for their patience.”
Residents will see more activities on their roads over the summer because of the Better Roads Programme and there will be more road closures than normal.
To find out if your road is due to be repaired, visit the dedicated website and type the name of your road or town into the search bar.
All dates are subject to change due to weather conditions and to allow contractor Balfour Beatty the flexibility to respond to any unforeseen circumstances.
For the most up-to-date information, check the yellow notice boards located in streets where work is due to take place.
The following sites were repaired under the Better Roads Programme during June:
- Malthouse Lane, Ashington – repairs;
- Rectory Lane, Ashington – repairs;
- Broomers Hill Lane, Pulborough – resurfacing;
- Northlands Lane, Storrington – repairs;
- Haglands Lane, West Chiltington – repairs;
- Old Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath – repairs;
- Grebe Crescent, Horsham – repairs;
- Forest Road, Horsham – repairs;
- Rusper Road, Horsham – repairs;
- Waterlands Lane, Rowhook – repairs;
- Capel Road, Rusper – repairs;
- East Street, Rusper – repairs;
- Faygate Lane, Rusper – repairs;
- Horsham Road, Rusper – repairs;
- Bar Lane, Shipley – repairs;
- Pound Lane, Shipley – repairs;
- Swallows Lane, Shipley – repairs;
- Marlpost Road, Southwater – repairs;
- Chantry Lane, Storrington – repairs;
- Station Road, Warnham – repairs;