To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Horsham’s Piazza Italia event, Horsham District Council will be taking the festival on tour around the whole district.
Today, Sunday March 13, less than two weeks before the full scale Piazza Italian celebration in Horsham town centre, a selection of more than 20 classic and modern cars and bikes from the Piazza Italia Rallies will tour the district.
Setting off from Horsham town centre at around 10.30am this morning, the Piazza Italia tour will travel in convoy to Billingshurst, Pulborough, Storrington, Steyning and finally Henfield.
Each of the participating market towns will stage their own special welcome as the cars and bikes stop off for around half an hour, with slightly longer in Steyning.
Across the district, businesses have come together in celebration of all things Italian leading up to the main Piazza Italia Festival over the Easter weekend on Good Friday March 25, Easter Saturday March 26 and Easter Monday March 28.
Residents are encouraged to come out and show their support and give a warm welcome to the Italian fleet.
Check out the online tour guide with full details of the route, the planned schedule and all local celebrations and business offers, here
Sponsoring the tour is Horsham Unlimited, a town centre business partnership, Marks & Spencer and Carmela Restaurant & Deli – all in Horsham, along with The Sussex Produce Company, Baloos Bistro, The Rhubarb Café and Cobblestone Walk – all in Steyning.
The tour has been made possible through the co-operation of West Sussex County Council, Balfour Beatty, Tesla Cars, Storrington Parish Council and the Community Partnerships of Billingshurst, Pulborough, Steyning and Henfield, with Horsham District Council.
Send in your pictures of this sepctacular event to email@example.com
What is going on where?
• Hosting the launch of the tour, enjoy breakfast in Horsham town centre, come and wave the tour off and enjoy some light entertainment.
• Location: Carfax
• Time: 10am to 10.30am
• Come and see the Piazza Italia tour return to one of its original ports of call. Taking the early morning shift, head to Billingshurst and enjoy a coffee or tea.
• Location: Billingshurst Library Car Park
• Time: 10am to 12noon
• Missed the early morning shift? Pulborough will be hosting an event with its own selection of cars, wine tasting, food and much more. After the tour leaves head to the newly opened Oddfellows pub.
• Location: Lower Street Library Car Park
• Time: 11.30am to 12.30pm
• Visit a brand new market for Storrington, the Bakers and Makers Market will be making its debut, showcasing local artists, bakers and makers. There will also be a display by the car owners club SADCASE.
• Location: Storrington Library Car Park
• 11am to 2pm
• The lunch stop of the tour. Steyning will be hosting Italia in Piazza, the famous main event market. The town will be joined by the Pizza Oven and Busy Days facepainting.
• Location: Steyning High Street Car Park
• 10.30am to 2.30pm
• The final leg of the tour, enjoy a local artisan market to get hot food, ice cream and pantry products. The market will be joined by a collection of classic cars.
• Location: Henfield Hall Car Park
• 1pm to 3pm
There will public parking restrictions in place in all of the car parks listed and some on street locations on Sunday, March 13 for the local event activities, tour display space and safe passage.
Jonathan Chowen, HDC cabinet member for Leisure and Culture, said: “I have seen how popular the Easter Piazza Italia festival has become in Horsham town centre in the last ten years.
“I think the concept of taking some of the fabulous cars and bikes that draw so much interest through many of our towns and villages in the district has great potential, and thanks to our local partners we are making it happen.
“I hope as many people as possible visit the towns on route to enjoy the sights and sounds of the tour and support our local businesses while they enjoy the cars and bikes.”
Again don’t forget to send in your pictures of this sepctacular event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.