An opening date now been confirmed for the new Broadbridge Heath Leisure Centre and the County Times has taken a look at what the new state-of-the-art building is set to offer.
Horsham District Council has spent £12.3m creating the new sports and recreation centre nextdoor to the current centre in Wickhurst Lane.
After months of works it is set to open on October 20 and here’s some of the main features the building is set to offer:
- A 70+ station gym will be located upstairs, overlooking Tesco car park, with a host of exercise machines
- More than 70 workout classes are set to be held in new studios at the centre
- A six court sports hall has been created on the ground floor which will play host to many activities
- Clip N Climb climbing walls providing 19 climbing routes and more than 11 different challenges for both children and adults. The walls stretch to a height of 7.5 meters and include activities such as Twister, Astroball, Stairway to Heaven and Leap of Faith.
- Five outdoor sports courts which can be used for tennis, netball and football
- Three studios which include an indoor cycling studio. Two of the studios can be turned into one large studio which is double the capacity of the studio at the current centre
- A sensory room designed to encourage users to develop and enjoy their senses
- An athletics track
- New changing rooms and toilet facilities along with a Changing Places toilet facility
- A new cafe and meeting rooms
The council has confirmed all these facilities will be part of the new centre and membership prices are not set to be increased.