Partridge Green man impaled in shower

Share this article

AN ELDERLY man was impaled after slipping in the shower at his Partridge Green home yesterday morning (Sunday October 9).

The man, reported to be in his early 80s, was speared through his armpit by a shower-head holder.

Hot water scalded his back and inflicted 20 per cent burns as he called out for help.

Crew from Partridge Green fire station were the first emergency service to attend the scene at Bines Road around 10.30am.

For the full story and photographs of the rescue pick up this week’s West Sussex County Times (Thursday October 13).