David the Bearded Dragon lives at Squire’s Garden Centre in Badshot Lea (Surrey), and is very excited about celebrating St David’s Day on Sunday 1st March!
Come and visit him and his friends at Squire’s in Badshot Lea, Washington, Twickenham or Stanmore. And while you’re there, why not buy some daffodils to brighten up your home.
Fun Facts about Bearded Dragons
1. Bearded Dragons originally come from Australia and are scientifically known as Pogona.
2. They are called Bearded Dragons because of the beard like pouch under the mouth that they can inflate, and the dark colours that it will turn.
3. They live in hot arid climates, such as semi-desert areas and dry woodland, and love to climb and jump, as well as burrow.
4. While there is little water in their habitat they do actually enjoy swimming.
5. Bearded Dragons have very strong legs and can move at an astonishing rate if they need to, generally though they can only sustain short bursts.
6. They have excellent eyesight and can see prey over a fair distance.
7. Most adult dragons are docile and friendly with a good temperament. They can be quite outgoing and adventurous at times.
8. In groups, more dominant dragons will often climb and lie on top of another dragon in order to claim a basking spot.
9. They can go for weeks without eating although generally are very greedy eaters.
Did you know that many Squire’s Garden Centres have a pets & aquatics area? They have a great selection of small animals including rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats, as well as an eye-catching array of reptiles such as bearded dragons, leopard geckos and snakes.
Plus there’s a large choice of tropical, aquatic, fresh and coldwater fish, perfect for stocking your pond or aquarium.
As well as Badshot Lea you can visit the pets & aquatics area at Squire’s Garden Centres in Washington, Twickenham, Stanmore or Cobham (aquatics only at Cobham).
Report and picture contributed by Anna Paling.