Man treated for smoke inhalation after Ashington fire

Fire engine
Fire engine

A man was treated for smoke inhalation yesterday (Thursday March 7) after a fire in Ashington.

Firefighters were called to a house in Cricketers Close at 2.30pm after a cloth on a kitchen cooker had caught fire.

However, it was out when the emergency service arrived.

A fan was used to get rid of the smoke and the occupier helped from the house and given oxygen.

He was checked over by ambulance paramedics but wasn’t taken to hospital.