House left damaged after gas stove fire

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service

A house was damaged by fire in Roffey yesterday evening (Monday November 23).

Firefighters were called to a house in Millthorpe Road, Roffey, at around 5pm.

A spokesman for the fire service said the fire was started by a portable gas stove and broke out in the kitchen of the property.

The kitchen was left slightly damaged by the blaze. No-one was injured.

An extinguisher and a two breathing apparatus were used to fight the flames and a positive pressure ventilation fan was used to remove smoke from the building.

The fire is being treated as an accident.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.wscountytimes.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wscountytimes

3) Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The County Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.