House fire in Henfield

editorial image

TWO PEOPLE were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Henfield.

The fire broke out in the kitchen of a three storey house in Windmill Lane around 7.30pm on Wednesday.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service say their crews arrived to find that the fire had spread to the roof.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus were able to put the fire out, but a quarter of the ground floor had caught alight.

The rest of the house had been damaged by heat and smoke.

Red Cross support workers treated a man and a woman for smoke inhalation.

Fire engines from Partridge Green, Steyning, Henfield and Hurstpierpoint were at the scene, with an incident command unit from Haywards Heath.