Historic home Parham House damaged in fire

Fire engine
Fire engine

Historic Parham House was damaged in a fire on Saturday (February 23).

Firefighters were called to the four-storey heritage house at around 12.45pm.

A fire was discovered in the first floor library area and the room smoke-logged.

A thermal imaging camera was used for investigation and specialist equipment used in the chimney.

The damaged area was cut away and salvage equipment used.

The emergency service left after around three hours.