Heath ended Shoreham’s home winning run

County League Division 1: Broadbridge Heath (blue) v Pagham. Pic Steve Robards SUS-150316-114350001
County League Division 1: Broadbridge Heath (blue) v Pagham. Pic Steve Robards SUS-150316-114350001

Broabridge Heath end Shoreham’s six-match home winning run at Middle Road in Division 1 on Tuesday night.

Ollie Moore struck twice for Heath as the two sides played out an entertaining 2-2 draw.

Shoreham took the lead on four minutes as Heath’s Martyn Flack’s clearance hit team-mate Piers McDermott and looped into the goal from 12 yards over keeper Michael Chester.

The visitors drew level just eight minutes later when Ollie Moore powerfully headed home McDermott’s corner.

Broadbridge Heath then had a couple of opportunities to go ahead as McDermott’s low strike was deflected just wide and Moore then headed straight at Mussels keeper Fraser Trigwell from McDermott’s free kick.

Mussels’ best opportunity of the first half came when Dejaun Best did not get enough on a header from Alex Laing’s free kick and Chester comfortably gathered.

Heath almost went ahead in first-half injury-time but Mark Bevan’s brilliant 25-yard free kick clipped the top of the bar.

Moore gave Heath the lead with his second of the game two minutes into the second half with a fine low 25-yard strike.

The visitors should have increased their lead just three minutes later but Tiago Andrade, with time and space, fired Bevan’s pass wide from inside the six-yard box.

Laing could have drawn Shoreham level on 57 minutes but slipped after he rounded Chester and the chance went begging.

The home side did equalise ten minutes later when Laing went on a mazy run and laid the ball off to Rudwick, who smashed home a stunning 25-yarder into the top corner.

Mussels almost took the lead on 74 minutes when Laing’s shot took a deflection, hit the inside of a post and somehow did not cross the line.

That was the closest either side got to a winner, as no Broadbridge Heath player was able to get on the end of Bevan’s teasing low cross on 77 minutes, while Mussels had half-hearted penalty appeals waved away late on when Laing went down.

Heath: Chester; Godfrey, Flack, Attwater, Bevan; Sultan, Moore, Waddingham, McDermot, Legrange; Andrade. Subs: Mosby (Sultan 72), Balfour, Almeri.