Firefighters called to Horsham chimney fire


Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Horsham this morning (Wednesday March 16).

Crews attended the fire at a home in Highland Road just before 9.30am.

A spokesman for the fire service said the fire was first reported by a member of the public who saw flames coming out of the chimney.

The owner of the property was out when crews arrived and the home had been locked.

The flames were extinguished using chimney equipment and a ladder.

The owner return to the home whist crews tackled the flames and was given advice on how to prevent future chimney fires.

Firefighters left the scene at around 10.40am.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @wscountytimes

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The County Times - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.