Extra Horsham town parking available to help Christmas shoppers
To meet expected increased parking demand in the run up to Christmas and the New Year, Horsham District Council has announced additional capacity for the town centre.
The extra parking places will be at:
- West Sussex County Council and Horsham District Council offices at Parkside, Chart Way on the top level of the staff car park at the weekend and after 6pm week days where the capacity is 93 spaces.
- An additional 66 spaces are available in the Swan Walk Shopping Centre Car Park in the centre of Horsham.
- Additional bays have been freed up at the Hop Oast Park and Ride Car Park on Worthing Road.
- Now that the refurbishment of the Hurst Road Car Park (Pavilions in the Park) is complete, a further 33 car parking spaces have been created there, giving a total of 240 spaces.
- The Dukes Square Car Park (behind the Drill Hall in Denne Road, Horsham) will be available with 101 spaces at weekends and after 6pm weekdays.
For tariffs and further information go to: www.horsham.gov.uk/parking/town-centre-parking
Commenting on the extra parking provision, Cabinet Member for the Local Economy Cllr Gordon Lindsay said: “We are pleased to offer these extra parking spaces in Horsham Town Centre over the busy Christmas period.
“As a council we encourage residents and visitors to shop in our District towns and villages in order to support local businesses.
“All of our towns and villages will be bustling, lively and festive this year and we want as many people as possible to enjoy it.”
For those wanting to shop in our market towns and villages, don’t forget that you can get great value for money by buying an annual parking disc for just £12 a year.
For details go to: www.horsham.gov.uk/parking/annual-parking-disc
In addition to this extra parking provision, the following Horsham Town Centre car parks are also available:
Denne Road Car Park – 69 spaces
North Street Car Park – 119 spaces
Swan Walk Shopping Centre Car Park - 966 spaces
Forum Car Park - 472 spaces
BT Exchange Car Park (North Street) – 81 spaces
London Road Car Park – 36 spaces
Jubilee Car Park – 37 spaces
North Parade Car Park – 72 spaces
New Street Car Park – 20 spaces
Horsham Library Car Park – 12.