A string of vehicles were broken into in an overnight spate over the weekend.
Police said eight vehicles were targeted at homes in Broadbridge Heath between Saturday evening (February 18) and the early hours of Sunday morning (February 19).
The vehicles were not damaged and it is believed they were either left insecure or a tool was used to gain entry.
Police have released the following advice on how to protect your car:
- Do not leave anything valuable in your vehicle
- Take all your belongings with you -even a coat may be a temptation for a thief to smash a window or force a door lock
- If you have a garage, use it.
- Try to park in well-lit open locations and ensure your vehicle is locked, alarmed and immobilised
- Keep your keys out of sight
- Security mark your sat nav and other valuable items with you post code and house number
- Make a note ofthe makes, models and serial numbers of your valuable items
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.