LIVE: Teenager remanded in custody - Crawley College to do phased reopening - interviews with parents of students - updates here
Sussex Police have praised the 'heroic' teachers at Crawley College who 'tackled an armed suspect' at the campus on Monday.
Here are live updates from the incident. The page will refresh
LIVE: Firearms incident at Crawley College
Last updated: Wednesday, 28 April, 2021, 16:56
- Sussex Police praise ‘heroic’ Crawley College staff
- The two people hurt in the incident were ‘not shot’ say police
- ‘“We are liaising with officers at Counter Terrorism Policing South East (CTPSE). All lines of enquiry are open at this stage.’ says police chief
- ‘“There were police everywhere. They were like ants. There was a helicopter flying above,’ says eye-witness
- A gun and a knife have been seized after an incident earlier today at Crawley College
- Man charged with multiple offences
Phased reopening for Crawley College
Crawley College will be beginning a phased reopening to students from tomorrow, Thursday 29 April.
A teenager charged in connection with the Crawley College incident has been remanded in custody ahead of his next court appearance.
Man charged with multiple offences
A man has been charged with multiple offences following an incident at Crawley College on Monday, police have confirmed.
Two Crawley College staff ‘tackled an armed suspect’ during a major incident at the site, police said.
“It was very commendable. Hats off to them because a lot worse can happen. Thank God it didn’t.”
A mother of a Crawley College pupil praised the work of college staff and the police following an incident at the school on Monday.
Deputy Labour leaders praises Crawley College staff and students
Crawley College incident: Deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner says staff and students acted ‘tremendously’
Deputy Labour Party leader Angela Rayner has paid tribute to the ‘tremendous’ actions of staff and students during a major incident at Crawley College.
Everything we know so far
Huge numbers of armed police swooped on Crawley College after gunshots were reported in the area.
Message from the editor
The latest update
Police investigating a firearms incident at Crawley College yesterday have said it is not being treated as a terrorist incident.
Praise for police and the college staff
MP Henry Smith has praised the professionalism of the police and Crawley College staff after the incident today.