A Horsham man has been sentenced to 21 months in jail after he was found guilty of sexual assault against two young boys.
Brian Rupert Strotten, 25, of Arthur Road, Horsham, was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on Friday March 27.
He was also ordered to sign the Sex Offenders’ Register, and a Sexual Offences Prevention Order was put in place.
He was convicted on two counts of sexual assault on a child under 13, but found not guilty on a further four counts, at a crown court trial in January.
The court previously heard that Strotten, known in court by his middle name Rupert, was first arrested hours after a child told his father that Strotten had sexually touched him, and the man called the police.
Strotten, who was under 18 at the time, was not prosecuted but was issued a warning by police officers.
Dianne Chan, prosecuting, said a second incident involving a boy led to Strotten being arrested again and the resurrection of the earlier allegation.
In court, Ms Chan challenged Strotten: “You say you have some learning difficulties but surely you knew how to deal with children and what you can and can’t do.”
In both cases, Strotten said he never saw the boy again following the allegation.