Crews were called to a series of fires in Midhurst last night.
The first was a chimney fire at the Spread Eagle Hotel and Spa in South Street, which had to be evacuated.
A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called at 5.45pm and sent two fire engines and an Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP). The fire causes smoke in the ground floor restaurant.”
Just after 9pm, one fire engine and a landrover were called to a chimney fire at a house in Norwood Lane, Graffham, the fire service said.
And just before 10pm crews were called to a fire in a first floor bedroom at a house in The Croft, Lodsworth.
A spokesman said: “The small fire was involving an emersion heather. It was out on arrival. We isolated the heater. It also caused a water tank to overflow.”