Winston’s Wish, the UK’s leading childhood bereavement charity with offices in West Sussex, is holding its 4th annual fundraising Sunrise Walk on Sunday 23rd September.
The walk follows a beautiful 10 mile coastal route from Littlehampton to Lancing and starts at the Windmill Complex in Littlehampton at 6am. Anyone interested in taking part in this annual fundraising event – early morning risers, morning dog walkers, sunrise photographers, beach lovers, Winston’s Wish supporters, everyone is welcome - is being asked to register now.
Last year over 100 sponsored walkers took part and helped to raise over £25,000 . This year, the charity is hoping to double that figure by encouraging more people from across West Sussex to come and take part. With offices in Horsham – and Gloucestershire - the charity is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year in September and has come up with 20 excellent reasons below for people to join in the walk and help raise much needed funds:
1. To remember someone special
2. To enjoy a unique challenge with friends
3. To get fit!!
4. To raise money for Winston’s Wish
5. Get the dog walked early
6. Get a delicious free breakfast and goody bag
7. Take part in a challenge
8. Experience the beautiful sunrise
9. See glorious views of the West Sussex coastline
10. Feel proud of your achievement
11. Have fun and enjoy yourself
12. Meet other fantastic people and make friends
13. Get a free Sunrise Walk t-shirt
14. Join in the colourful light parade
15. Spend special time with your family
16. Join together with other walkers to build brighter futures for bereaved children
17. Mark a special occasion
18. Witness the beginning of a new day
19. No need to worry about calories consumed on the previous day!
20. Feel amazing!
The West Sussex branch of this national charity offers practical support to children, their families and professionals here in West Sussex and since the branch opened in 2006, has helped over 500 families in the area. Lady March, of the West Sussex Goodwood Estate near Chichester, is the charity’s President, and plays an active role in fundraising and helping raise awareness of the charity’s work after experiencing the death of her father when she was just four.
Participants are asked to register on-line now at www.sunrisewalk.co.uk or to obtain, complete and return the entry form which is available by calling the Winston’s Wish West Sussex office on 01403-211030. The walk has a £15 entry fee – for which each walker receives a Winston’s Wish t-shirt, a well deserved breakfast at the end of the walk and a goody bag – and each walker is asked to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
Article contributed by Zanny Gilchrist