Police have been scouring the Billingshurst area as they hunt for two men who left the scene of a crash.
Emergency Services are still at the scene of the collision which took place earlier this morning (May 24) just outside the village in Adversane.
For a detailed report of the incident see our previous story: Police helicopter called to Billingshurst after serious crash
Here’s what we know so far:
- At 10.40am emergency services were called to A29 Stane Street in Adversane after a Ford Fiesta collided with concrete barriers
- The crash took place southbound at the junction with Adversane Lane near the Blacksmith’s Arms pub
- A woman was seriously injured in the crash
- Two men who were travelling in the vehicle ran from the scene prompting a police search
- The National Police Air Service helicopter was called and searched the Billingshurst area along with ground officers and dog units
- Two men have been arrested on suspicion of driving offence
- The road remains closed in both directions between the B2133 Adversane Lane and Henris Lake junctions
- Motorists are being told to avoid the area as severe delays are being reported
- Anyone with information is asked to contact 101 quoting operation Arunside