The A23 was shut twice in two days after horses escaped a field.
Horses which escaped a field near Ibis Hotel on Tuesday morning escaped again from their field near The Atrium shortly before 4.30am on Wednesday (June 8), said police.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “It can be confirmed that three horses, believed to be from among four involved in a similar incident the previous day, were reported to have escaped from their field near The Atrium, London Road, Crawley, shortly before 4.30am on Wednesday.
“There was concern that the animals might get onto the A23 London Road and this was briefly closed to traffic while the horses were rounded up and returned to their field, where further steps were taken to secure the boundaries. The incident was over by around 5.30am.”
Crawley Police shared these photos on its Twitter account. It stated: “Three caught red hoofed stealing grass whilst on the run. Detained and sentenced to a day in the stables.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.