Work begins on former site of Horsham McDonald’s
Horsham’s McDonald’s closed its doors for the last time yesterday (Sunday July 27) after 25 years in the town centre.
The fast food giant announced last month that it would be closing its branch in the Bishopric as part of the wider redevelopment of the area.
And today (Monday July 28) work has begun at the former site of the popular take-away.
McDonald’s Horsham franchisee John O’Dwyer said: “I am pleased to say that all staff have been offered transfers to my other restaurants and would like to thank all of our customers who have supported the restaurant over the years.”
There are no plans to replace the site at Bishop Weald House with another town centre store, a spokesperson for McDonald’s said.
What do you think of McDonald’s leaving Horsham town centre? Comment below or email [email protected]