Pulborough RFC are tergeting further improvement after a morale boosting defeat of London South East 3’s bottom club, Vigo.
Saturday’s 30-9 win moved the Black and Whites eight points clear of the bottom two in their debut season at this level. And although encouraged by the result, Boro captain Richard Nicholls expects there is more to come from his men.
“It was a much better performance, especially in defence,” Nicholls said. “It was a brilliant performance, but it was better. The team work was better and people were working hard for each other
“It was a good step in the right direction, and there is still a lot of room for improvement.
“Not conceding a try was encouraging.”
Pulborough face Heathfield in the Sussex Bob Rogers Cup on Saturday, before they face Bromley and Folkestone in the league.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North