Joe Launchbury will be given his full international debut on Saturday against South Africa.
The former Christ’s Hospital student, who played a starring role in their rugby teams and had a spell at Horsham RUFC, came off the bench against Fiji and Australia in England’s two Autumn Internationals to date, and will start Saturday’s match against the Springboks.
Coach Stuart Lancaster has shuffled his side to include the 21-year-old Wasps lock for the first time.
He said: “We have picked a team that will give us the best chance of beating South Africa. There were some tight calls, which is what you want as coaches, but the players we have brought into start have been training well, will bring a real motivation to make the most of their opportunity and will suit the challenge we face against a tough and physical South African team.”
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North