Former England star and RFU director of operations Rob Andrew officially opened Cranleigh School’s new rugby pitch last week.
The pitch is named Bluetts in honour of much-loved Old Cranleighan, David Bluett.
Director of rugby Andrew Houston said: “You can see the pride the school and community have for it. It’s a fntastic place to train and play.”
Cranleigh School celebrated with a touch-rugby tournament in honour of the former Cranleigh Head of Rugby and ex-England international Neil Bennett, who retired from Cranleigh last year.
The day finished with the Cranleigh School 1st XV playing against the premier Old Boys’ XV (known as the Gower Club) in front of more than 600 spectators, with the current team prevailing 47-10.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North