Billingshurst based The Martlets SMBC lost by one shot to Upper Beeding in the West Sussex County League
Marion Rolph, Barrie Fitch, Malcolm Rollings and Jack Rollings managed to score a count of five during their 21 end encounter against Jean Armour-Milne’s home four, but ultimately lost by three shots.
The Martlets’ other rink of Chris Blackman, Chris Rolph, Mel Lillywhite and Marc Lancaster encountered a similarly close game against Rod McBeth’s rink.
The match saw two dead ends, and two tied ends, with the largest count throughout being a three gained by the visiting Martlets side, who eventually won 14-12.
Southwater’s first short mat match of the New Year was played away at Fittleworth. Although winning two of the three rinks Southwater lost the match by ten shots. R.Ayling, S.Carpenter. B.Barnes. B.Simmons were the pick of the rinks.
And at Horsham IBC, the gents ran out 95-77 winners in the traditional New Year’s Day match against the ladies. M Brown, R Dando and M Dellard led the way for the ladies (27-15) and J Austin, J Hitch and B Baillie for the men (21-9).
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west