Pauline Kirkman has been named Cottesmore’s new ladies captain.
Outgoing captain Shirley Vance handed over the duties on Sunday as both her and Pauline were presented with bouquets by general manager Matthew Hazelden.
In her inaugural speech, Pauline confirmed she planned to introduce a Texas Scramble for beginners now ready to obtain a handicap, and that the club would be entered in Sussex Divisions 1, 2 and 3 as well as the Jerdein Salver, Kathleen Rider, and Morrice Fours County Competitions.
She said: “One of Cottesmore’s strengths is such a friendly group of ladies - people often notice the companionship we have in our ladies’ section.”
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North