Four young judokas from Horsham were among the star performers at the Holmewood House School Judo Competition in Tunbridge Wells on Sunday.
The competition, open to girls and boys from 4 to 13 years, was attended by 200 judokas from all over the South East of England, and Oliver Thorne (gold), Matthew Forster (gold), Harry Childs (bronze) and Enrique Howells (bronze) brought home medals for the Crawley-based Kin Ryu Judo Club.
And the awards were made all the more special when presented by Team GB athletes, Olympic bronze medalist Karina Bryant and Ashley McKenzie. Enrique also won the Spirit of Judo award in his pool. Overall, Kin Ryu brought home seven gold medals, five silver medals and nine bronze medals.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North