Compton’s Tennis Club are the new Sussex Mixed Vets County Champions.
In a hard fought final against Cross in Hand last week, the Lower Beeding-based club’s team ran out 3-1 winners.
Janie Retter and John Graham set Comptons on their way with a 6-3, 6-2 win, although the final was squared when Cross In Hand won the second match 7-5, 6-3. Kim Pallister and Paul Mumford edges Comptons back in front again, winning on a Championship Tie Break, 5-7 6-4 10-6, before taking the final match 6-4, 6-1 to seal the overall championship title. The title capped a good weekend for Compton’s. on Friday the club was awarded the Tennis Clubmark Accreditation by the Lawn Tennis Association, having achieved high standards in club planning, club coaching programmes and management.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west