LETTERS: Building in North Horsham will help boost economy

Your letters
Your letters

The South East desperately needs more houses and building them will help boost growth in the economy.

Many people cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and even renting a house is difficult and expensive because demand far exceeds supply.

Some people will think that building 2,500 new homes, a business park and a new railway station in north Horsham will leave us with little open space and countryside.

This is not the case. Only about 15 per cent of West Sussex is presently built on – the other 85 per cent is still green fields, open spaces, beautiful countryside, woods and water.

If you don’t believe me look out the window when you next fly into Gatwick!

S. HENDERSON

Crawley Road, Horsham