Women hospitalised after Roffey house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A woman was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a house in Roffey yesterday (Tuesday March 10).

Significant damage was caused to the home in School Lane, including to the kitchen and an upstairs bathroom, after the blaze at about 5pm.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said 50 per cent of the ground floor kitchen was damaged by fire, and 50 per cent of the bathroom was damaged by the spread of the flames.

In total, 20 per cent of the house suffered smoke damage.

Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, three hose reels, a ladder and two thermal imaging cameras.

The woman was taken to hospital by ambulance and the blaze was ruled accidental.