The gritters were out in Crawley tonight (Monday), with one helping out a driver on Tollgate Hill.
Cars were struggling to get up Tollgate Hill - which was treacherous after the day of snow in West Sussex.
But the helpful gritter pulled up in front of the car and gritted.
There are many reports of gritters not being able to get through traffic and Sussex Police tweeted to plead with drivers to let them pass.
@WSCCgritters tweeted earlier in the day ‘Monday 11th March - Further action tonight, treating for snow at 2000 and again at 0200 #WestSussex’.
Commuters had a horrendous journeys to and from work today because of the wintry conditions.
The Met Office has forecast snow until 9am Tuesday in Crawley with temperatures by Wednesday afternoon.
Have you been stuck in traffic? Tell us your tales of snow woe - comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west