Smoker causes Horsham bin fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

SMOKERS are being warned to take care when they have finished their cigarettes, after fire crews were called to tackle a bin fire in Horsham this morning.

Flames coming from a bin in the main shopping precinct of West Street had to be tackeld at 9.30am.

A West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “Our advice is really very straightforward - when you have finished smoking make sure you put your cigarette completely out and dispose of it carefully.

“It isn’t just bins that are a concern - with the dry ground conditions, a carelessly discarded cigarette on the ground or out of a car window can easily develop into a serious fire.”