West Sussex County Council has announced its schedule of surface dressing treatment to roads ahead of the Bank Holiday weekend.
Surface dressing involves spraying a coating of bitumen on the road, followed by one or more layers of hard stone chippings.
The work is running in parallel to Operation Watershed, the County Council’s initiative to make communities more resilient to extreme weather.
Surface dressing will take place between Tuesday May 21 and Friday May 24, subject to weather conditions, in the following locations:
• A281 Guildford Road, between Loxwood Road and Church Street, Rudgwick;
• A281 Guildford Road, between Romans Gate roundabout and Clemsfold roundabout, Slinfold;
• Lyons Road, between Hayes Lane and A264, Slinfold;
• Northlands Road, between A29 Bognor Road and Mayes Lane, Warnham;
• Broadbridge Heath Road, between Billingshurst Road and Friday Street, Warnham;
• Guildford Road, between Rookwood Park and Rushmans Road, Horsham;
• Christs Hospital, between Kind Edward Road and Tower Hill, Horsham; and
• Cripplegate Lane, between Worthing Road and Cedar Drive, Southwater;