Postman raises alarm of Southwater house fire

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service

0
Have your say

A postman called firefighters after smelling smoke from a home in Southwater this morning (Friday July 19).

Crews from Horsham arrived in Cedar Drive at 10.48am.

They gained access to the property to find unattended cooking, a spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.

The smoke alarm had been activated.

No-one was in the home at the time.

The gas was isolated and situation handled before any major damage was caused.