Man suffers burn after blaze in roof of Storrington house

news@lbobserver.co.uk
news@lbobserver.co.uk
0
Have your say

A man was treated for minor burns to his hands following a blaze at a house in Storrington yesterday (Tuesday September 16).

The fire, which was ruled accidental, took place in the home’s roof space and is believed to have been caused by building works.

Firefighters from Storrington, Steyning and Worthing were called to the house in Fox Dell just after 12.30pm, but the fire was out on their arrival.

Five per cent of the roof area was damaged by flames, with the remaining 95 per cent sustaining heat and smoke damage.

The man, who was aged around 50 years old, was given first aid by paramedics.

A spokesperson for South East Coast Ambulance Service said the man declined transport to hospital but was advised to seek hospital treatment.

His injuries are not believed to be serious.

The roof space was checked by firefighters using a thermal imaging camera, and the damaged areas were cut away.

Emergency services left the scene just after 1.30pm.