With news that The Horsham District’s Community Safety and Health and Wellbeing Partnerships are teaming up to encourage residents to donate blood and join the organ donor register, reporter Jasmin Martin took to the streets of Horsham to find out your views.
Gerry Reilly from Horsham is featured in the video. She said: “I’m not able to give blood but I am an organ donor and I think more people need to do.”
Blood is something that everyone expects to be there for them when they need it, yet only four per cent of people give blood.
A lack of donors is of particular concern within the Horsham District, which has in recent years recorded the highest numbers of seriously injured motorists in West Sussex following road traffic collisions.
To find out more about becoming a blood donor or joining the Organ Donation register, call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 which is available 24 hours a day.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west