Harwood Road in Horsham is still closed this morning (Tuesday March 11) after a tree fell yesterday afternoon.
Police shut the road off to pedestrians and traffic at the Comptons Lane junction at around 5.15pm.
One tree has fallen but emergency services fear that more are unstable and could fall.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) will assess whether or not it is safe enough to remove the tree and the road could be closed most of the night.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North