Severe flooding is causing delays and closures on some of Horsham district’s roads today (Thursday December 20).
Large pools of water in North Street and Brighton Road are causing motorists either to swerve to avoid them, or to slow down, causing long queues.
Northlands Road in Warnham was blocked in both directions due to flooding but is now clear, and the A264 Five Oaks Road in Itchingfield is clear after earlier delays.
Meanwhile the A281 Alfold By-Pass is partially blocked in both directions between the Alfold Road junction in Loxhill and Watts Corner in Bucks Green.
On the trains, Southern Rail services from Horsham to Epsom are unable to stop at Ockley.
Yesterday the Met Office issued an amber weather alert for the South East of England, with heavy rain expected to batter the area.
Earlier today two vehicles were involved in a collision in Mannings Heath outside the Dun Horse Inn.
Send us your travel news or reports of flooding at email@example.com or call 01403 751230.
More updates to follow.
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North