The Horsham Peacock has been busy greeting town residents this week.
It has been spotted again today (Friday March 1) in Littlehaven Lane.
Concerned for its safety, Lisa Bailey tweeted: “Can’t someone take him and put him somewhere not near communities or roads?”
Yesterday (Thursday February 28) it was sighted on a roof in Millthorpe Road.
The Horsham Peacock first came to our attention when Ian Dockreay contacted the County Times after his alarm of the feathered intruder at his home in Wimblehurst on Thursday February 21.
He said: “These birds are more likely to be spotted in stately homes but he seemed quite at home amongst the statuary we happen to have in our garden.
“I shared some of my breakfast granola with him which seemed to be very popular but I am sure some readers might advise ‘never to feed Peacocks granola as it interfere with their digestion’ or something similar.
“He is in residence at present but will no doubt head off elsewhere to enjoy a more varied diet!”
Have you seen the bird? Send us your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- From the back pages, May 24: Moyes eyes Barca starlet Thiago
- From the back pages, May 26: Arsenal ready to break the bank and lure wantaway Rooney to Emirates
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: South west