A day of sporting activity for disabled people aged eight and over will be held near Horsham later this month.
In its second year, the Sussex Reaching Higher Games organised by Horsham District Council will take place on Sunday September 30 for people with limited ability.
Sport development officer at HDC Ian Ford said archery, athletics, badminton, boccia, cricket, football, table tennis, tennis and trampolining will be among the sports people can take part in at the Bluecoat Sports Health and Fitness Club at Christ’s Hospital School.
Some of the participants of the weekly sport or arts activities run in the Aiming High Reaching Higher programme will be taking part. Ian said: “Hopefully it’s going to be the start of making it annual. Last year we had 75 people.
“It gives the disabled people something to work towards.”
For more information about the Reaching Higher Games go to www.horshamleisurelink.co.uk and follow the Inclusive Activities tab, call 01403 215634 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- From the back pages, May 23: Chelsea in pole position to land £80m Ronaldo after former Real president Calderon dismisses United return
- It’s time to cool it over parking
- Roadworks scheduled for the Horsham district
- Cars vandalised in Pondtail Drive area of Horsham
- Daylight raid at Pulborough Stud Farm in Thakeham
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horsham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 6 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West